What We Stand For
Empowered girls in an equitable society
To inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold
Our Diversity, Equity, AND Inclusion Journey
Girls Inc. of Omaha welcomes all girls – regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, sexual orientation, assigned sex at birth, gender identity or expression, or other differences.
We actively strive to create an anti-racist environment for girls and grownups and to promote a culture of inclusion where all people are free to bring their whole selves to work, play, volunteer, and learn.
We are STRONG because we have to be. Equity work isn’t easy; it is uncomfortable. There is no quick fix. We are committed to it.
We are SMART because we acknowledge that the work is ongoing and requires lifelong learning. We are open and ready to learn.
We are BOLD because we are committed to walking the walk: we speak up and we act.
We are part of a movement for a more just and equitable future for the girls we serve and for all people.
Girls Inc. Girls’ Bill of Rights
More than 25 years ago, Girls Inc. codified our Girls’ Bill of Rights, outlining certain truths we believe are fundamental. It is our mission–now and always–to support girls and to ensure that their rights are recognized and respected.
Girls’ Bill of Rights
- Girls have the right to be themselves and to resist gender stereotypes.
- Girls have the right to express themselves with originality and enthusiasm.
- Girls have the right to take risks, to strive freely, and to take pride in success.
- Girls have the right to accept and appreciate their bodies.
- Girls have the right to have confidence in themselves and to be safe in the world.
- Girls have the right to prepare for interesting work and economic independence.